Wednesday 14 December 2011

Finding Nemo...

I wonder , if you've had a chance to see this beautiful film, Finding Nemo? A father in search for a son, facing dangers beyond his wildest imagination and both live to tell the tail. A captured son, determined to find freedom and go back to his father. A sublime story that every person can draw parallels with. An over protective father, who doesn't know when to let go, a son, who wants to prove his worth, friends you make on your journey and when you find "home" like Dory does.

What if, we were to treat Nemo, as that part of our self, the part that wants to explore, have adventures, have fun full of bravado edging on foolishness.I know I had a Nemo inside me, perhaps you did too. Along the journey, my Nemo disappeared. I forgot to or rather procrastinated having fun.I was busy salvaging my heart, my relationships, my finances, holding onto certain friendships, keeping my marriage intact. I stopped having fun and adventures along the way. I wanted to feel safe and have stability. I stopped taking chances. i stopped venturing out....literally. The four walls of my home became my sanctuary. Life, my best friend, never gives up on me, every time , I hide in a corner, it finds me. Dory, my heart, found a home and I was happy, complacency set in. Life found me and said, now get up, Go find your Nemo.

Today , I took baby steps. I stepped out to meet some friends. I had forgotten what it felt like to sit and chat , about this and that, just relaxed, no pressing matter at hand, no agenda to make a living, just laughing, savouring a cup of black coffee. I had begun to feel , my days of story writing were over. Once I started enjoying life again, stories are pouring into my brain. My fingers can't keep up. I always wondered, when I saw a lot of other people around me, what kind of passion is it that drives them. they think day and night about their work/hobby. They keep trying to perfect every little thing. Why don't I feel like that. I discovered, I do. I feel like that about the stories I want to tell. I am in the process of finding Nemo. I'm meeting a lot of interesting facets of mine and others along the way. 

Nemo, can be anything, Nemo can be your passion, Nemo can be your fun side, Nemo can be your sexual drive, it can be your trust, your faith, your self esteem, self belief, Nemo can be that elusive dream or goal. What ever it is, don't give up on Nemo, or let it get away. Go, try to find it, the adventures on the way, will be well worth it .....

2 comments:

  1. Right now nemo is my sexual drive since i no longer take an antidepressant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... there was a point of time in my life when i knew i lacked nothing ... i was god gifted ... took all and every thing for granted... well can you really squander gods gift !! WELL in my case i seem to have lost it all ... articles like this exhorts me again to take the steps towards discovering myself .. in baby steps , nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete