Friday 4 November 2011

my poems 2009

The Banyan Tree

Like a lone banyan tree
roots growing every where
a desire to go still deeper in
yet my branches blowing with the wind

people sit in my shade and go
I get attached
bend over them, to shelter them some more
they move on...
another in their place

Now the leaves are shedding
soon the juices will dry
fewer and fewer passers by
but my roots

grow by the day
the longing to fly
the longing to hold on....
all at once
but the juices are dry
and no more passers by....




The Nightmare

The wind in the willows
whistling past
the shadows loom large
a horror fills your heart
these are untrod paths

the gloomy pelting rain
the danky smell fills your soul
where am I?
where do I go?
whose footsteps echo....

these alleys so unknown
the past merges with the present
the future unknown
I run.... footsteps louder
the shadows longer
the dead end....

the first ray of sunlight
over a rooftop gleams
I will be safe now
A new day begins...


In a crowd

water splashing
a tear drop falls
myriad colors
in a puddle of sorrows
images flashing by
strangers eyes...
a smile, a look, pity by the galore
a lift, a stair,a closet
books surround as do clothes
I search for myself in the people around

rain, wind no sun ray
the cold numbing to the bone
my cry stifled
my grin I bear
a handshake, a look, a desire
one more path
tear drops, grins, gritted teeth
familiar terrain
a new journey begins

Wild Fire

Murky relationships
maze of a mindset
passions throbbing in a stony heart
the fire of jealousy
all but consumes
the emotions, the desires
the gentle sapling struggling to grow
poisonous fumes in the nostrils
acrid taste catch the throat
tears sting, the heart burns
what is left
ashes, skeletons, more murky water
an area destroyed forever
the landscape marred
no more passion, no desire

No comments:

Post a Comment